To properly communicate the camera with PhotoRobot Controls, it is needed to set up the camera accordingly.
Because PhotoRobot supports a variety of models of Canon/Nikon cameras (compatible cameras), this manual describes general settings.
PhotoRobot supports connecting the camera for main shooting via USB cable.
Optional is the connection of a camera via Wifi, which is used for photographing details of the product from the hand.
1. Connect the camera directly to the USB port on the PC side.
2. Connecting cameras via a USB hub is not a recommended method.
3. Make sure that USB ports and USB cables used are USB 3.0 compatible
4. Use USB cables that are shielded and meet the following parameters, depending on their length:
We recommend that you power the camera via the adapter (so called dummy battery) so that you do not have to think about constantly recharging the battery and replacing it during shooting.
The choice of adapter depends on the camera model: https://store.canon.co.uk/camera-power-adapters/
Before setting up the camera, reset the camera.
It is a good practice to clear all camera settings and all custom functions as well if the camera is not completely new.
The X0D or X00D camera series only support some of the bellow parameters.
1. Set the upper Dial to Manual mode
2. Set the camera lens to Autofocus mode. Some Canon lenses have a Focus / Control switch. In this case, select the value Control.Turn the stabilizer OFF to the lens.
3. Auto power off se to Disable
4. Live View exposure simulation to disabled
Please mind this functionality is not generally available. Just some of the supported cameras have it.
5. Custom controls → Shutter button half-press → Metering and AF start
This is the only case where it is needed to use a memory card in the camera.
Please leave the camera in the Manual mode (see Basic settings 1. In the chapter “Camera settings''). The camera will be switched to the right mode automatically from the PhotoRobot Controls software.